CSR and mobility
The TenCate CSR policy provides policy guidelines for:
- Mobility (transport and logistics)
The TenCate mobility policy relates to the transport of employees as well as of raw materials, products and related logistical matters, inside and outside the production and office locations of TenCate worldwide. TenCate intends to reduce the environmental impact of this mobility. Below is a specification of transport and logistics.
TenCate intends to reduce the number of transport movements of employees, with a distinction being made between home-to-work travel and business travel.
Where possible, flexible working will be honoured – taking into account the nature of the duties. Agreements in respect of working from home will be made by the management on an individual basis:
- Commuting by public transport – on the basis of a second class fare – will be stimulated by offering attractive conditions (NL, see: Green File)
- Where possible, commuting by bicycle will be stimulated by providing adequate parking facilities for bicycles
- Where possible and if applicable, employees who have to travel a long distance to work will be given the opportunity to use one of the TenCate houses near the office or production location(s). This will always be on an individual basis
Business travel will be kept to a necessary minimum, by for instance, where possible, coordinating by telephone, e-mail, office communicator, video conferencing or intranet, or by planning face-to-face meetings as efficiently as possible:
- Business travel in the local vicinity will, where possible, be stimulated by making use of the company bicycle(s)
- Business travel by public transport – on the basis of a second class fare – will be stimulated when booking flights for foreign business travel
- Business travel by lease car is regulated in the TenCate lease regulations and offers in principle a sustainable choice of vehicles with an A, B or C label. The lease company involved must have a CO2 offset regulation which applies to all lease drivers
- Business travel by plane is regulated in the TenCate travel regulations and offers in principle a sustainable choice between an economy-class or comfort-class seat
TenCate intends to reduce the number of transport movements, with a distinction being made between:
- Transport of raw materials
- Transport of products (and semi-manufactures) at the production location
- Transport of products outside the production location
- Transport for related logistical matters
Each division of TenCate will determine the further elaboration of this part of the mobility policy.