Dimensional base stabilization due to cellular confinement
The construction of a traditional sub base holds the majority of the cost in a synthetic turf installation. The absence of environmental responsibility is due to the amount of excavation work and the transport of materials off and on the construction site, increasing the carbon footprint. The issues with current traditional base constructions is that it often costs more than the synthetic turf and large amounts of CO2 are emitted due to transport and installation.
TenCate has developed an innovative new product, called TenCate Accorder®, which provides a firm basis for high-quality artificial grass systems. TenCate Accorder® consists of a durable geotextile module that is only approximately seven centimetres deep and divided into dozens of equal-sized compartments per square metre, which are filled with local (re)usable soil. This new compact base layer is the most stable subsurface for playing sports available on today’s market. On site, much less soil has to be dug away, which saves time as well as excavation and transport costs, whilst drastically reducing the total system’s carbon footprint.
TenCate Accorder® is:
• A base construction with existing materials;
• Using local available soil materials for filling pockets;
• Reducing Total Cost Ownership (TCO) and/or more value in the top layer;
• Cellular confinement with a fixed floor compartment;
• Lowering costs of installation;
• Extremely solid base;
• Lower CO2 emission;
• Often, local soils can be used;
• For traditional (vertical) and lateral drainage;
• Quick installation;
• Extremely useful in areas where proper sub base material;
• is not available;
• Strong but lightweight material;
• Easy to transport and handle;
• Suitable for sport, landscaping and geotextile;
• 100% recyclable;
• 1 source - component for TenCate “Total Solutions”.