Safety of TenCate synthetic turf components
TenCate is committed to the safety of athletes, players and others using our artificial turf products. Modern artificial grass surfaces enhance the performance and safety of players and athletes in comparison with natural grass surfaces. The even surface, enhanced shock absorption and consistent playing characteristics reduce the likelihood of injuries.
TenCate also takes maximum care to ensure that its products do not have any harmful effects on public health and the environment:
- We test all of our products, especially in connection with the environment and personal safety. We have no indications that there are any risks related to the use of our products in synthetic grass sport fields. There are no third party tests that give us any other indication. We continue to test our products to ensure safety at all times.
- We welcome any and all (external) tests regarding personal safety and/or environmental impact. TenCate has a constant drive for safety and protection which is a leading factor for the development of new products
- Contractors may use components from third parties in sport fields that have not been tested by TenCate. This limits our full control on the final product. Therefore we promote to and with our business partners the use of safe sport systems that are completely tested.
- Contamination in sport fields may arise from external factors. Examples are pollution from heavy traffic or industry near sport pitches. Such contamination is not related to the sports field. Proper maintenance of sports fields is important in this respect and includes regular cleaning.
- For obvious reasons, information regarding the origin of components used in synthetic sport pitches must be available to its users. TenCate assures that its products are made with the safety of people and the environment in mind.