TenCate Polyfelt® Polymat
TenCate Polyfelt® Polymat erosion control mats (ECM) are monofilament Geomats made from polypropylene, with or without Geogrid reinforcement. The structure with its extremely high voids content reinforces the upper 1 to 2 cm of the soil, thereby preventing surface erosion on slopes and offering permanent support to topsoil and vegetation.
The benefits of TenCate Polyfelt® Polymat at a glance:
- TenCate Polyfelt® Polymat protects all kinds of slopes on a long-term basis
- Allows quick vegetation of steep slopes
- Effective erosion control from the very first stage
- Protects green surfaces from erosion by precipitation and floods
- Quick and easy installation, absolutely environmentally friendly
TenCate Polyfelt® Polymat is available in different configurations:
- Polymat 810, 1210 and 2010
The three-dimensional structure provides optimum interlock between sub grade and top soil.
- Polymat 2020
The monofilament mat is reinforced by a Geogrid. At very long or steep (> 30°) slopes, the slope stability is significantly increased by taking up higher tensile forces. Furthermore, the reinforcing grid increases the stability against suction forces, e.g. when a dike is over flooded.
Typical applications areas: