TenCate Polyfelt® F filter fabrics are geocomposites, consisting of two layers of mechanically bonded continuous-filament nonwoven made from 100% UV-stabilised polypropylene. One filament layer is designed as a filter, the other as a protection layer preventing mechanical damage to the filter. The optimised opening size and number of constrictions ensure excellent long-term filter performance.
The benefits of TenCate Polyfelt® F at a glance:
- Optimum number of constrictions for excellent filter performance: adequate soil retention capability, minimum danger of internal clogging, and an opening size suitable for almost all types of soil
- High water permeability
- High filter stability: Due to the non-woven structure, the hydraulic and mechanical properties do not change significantly under mechanical stress, unlike wovens
- Two layers fulfilling two completely different requirements: high filter performance, and high mechanical resistance
- The continuous filaments of F have an indefinite anchor length, so that they cannot be dissolved from the fiber structure under cyclic mechanical stresses such as wave actions.
Typical applications areas
Filter layer underneath revetments for:
- Riverbanks and bed protection
- Coastal protection
- Dike constructions