16. Peace and justice strong institutions
Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies
The promotion of peaceful and inclusive societies is needed for sustainable development, the provision of access to justice for all, and to build effective, accountable institutions at all levels. Among the institutions most affected by corruption are the judiciary and police. Corruption, bribery, theft and tax evasion cost amounts of money per year, and withhold developing countries to use that money to lift those who are living in poverty. The rate of children leaving primary school in conflict affected countries is showing the impact of unstable societies on education. The rule of law and development have a significant interrelation and are mutually reinforcing, making it essential for sustainable development at the national and international level.
Read TenCate's answer to this question
- promoting peaceful and inclusive societies;
- opening access to justice for all;
- building effective, accountable institutions at all levels;
- using just money to lift those living in poverty;
- stabilizing societies on education;
- keeping children at school;
- reinforcing the interrelation of law and development;
- being essential for sustainable development.