Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
While the world has achieved progress towards gender equality and women’s empowerment under the Millennium Development Goals – including equal access to primary education between girls and boys – women and girls continue to suffer discrimination and violence in every part of the world. Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. Providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, decent work, and representation in political and economic decision-making processes will fuel sustainable economies and benefit societies and humanity at large.
Read TenCate's answer to this question
- progressing gender equality;
- empowering women and girls;
- reducing discrimination and violence;
- providing equal access to education, health care, decent work, political decision making;
- fueling sustainable economies;
- benefitting societies and humanity.