Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Thanks to the use of innovative technologies and modules, TenCate Field in a box™ is a highly durable and affordable community centre. There are three different systems, providing an appropriate solution for every location. TenCate Accorder™ contains a stabilisation layer that is only seven centimetres thick. Only a thin layer needs to be excavated and the filling can be comprised of sand, gravel, debris or laterite available locally. This results in a significant reduction in CO2 emissions. Thanks to the efficient packaging, the system can be transported in just one container. Traditional systems would easily require three or four containers. TenCate Ecocept™ is built around a layer that combines stabilising, draining and sporting functionalities. Recycled end-of-life plastics and rubbers are used for the filling, a total of 14 tonnes.
A system with GreenSource™ offers the ability to use and reuse rain water, surface water and waste water endlessly. All modules are sustainable component solutions, developed by TenCate or in cooperation with partners and suppliers. All of the parties involved share a responsible vision aimed at achieving an optimal life cycle of materials at a reasonable cost. The energy-efficient lighting system with LED lamps is another example of this vision in action. GreenSource™ supplies the water to grow crops, while the LED lamps provide the light for the market in the evening, where the harvest can be sold.
In summary, this project:
- Provides an optimal system solution based on innovative technologies and sustainable modules;
- Makes extensive use of local infrastructure;
- Reuses local raw materials, end-of-life plastics and rubber;
- Filters and reuses water;;
- Uses solar energy as an efficient and sustainable energy source;
- Uses highly efficient and cost-effective LED lighting;
- Offers an optimal life cycle at a reasonable cost, guaranteed by partners and suppliers.