13. Reducing C02 emissions
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
TenCate Field in a box™ is focused on social and economic return for the community as well as on the environment and surroundings. Thanks to innovative techniques, CO2 emissions are significantly reduced throughout the whole journey of preparation, transport, construction, installation and use. The use of solar energy, LED lighting, the collection and the reuse of rainwater and recyclable components in the synthetic turf system also contribute to the system's environmentally friendly credentials. TenCate Field in a box™ contributes to a cleaner world in which nothing is wasted and in which we make as little impact as possible on the environment.
In summary, this project:
- Provides an optimal system solution based on innovative technologies and sustainable modules;
- Significantly reduces CO2 emissions;
- Reduces logistical flows;
- Uses solar energy as a sustainable light source and to power the filtration system in GreenSource™;
- Uses energy-efficient, very economical LED lighting (90% lower energy consumption than halogen lamps);
- Reuses local raw materials, end-of-life plastics and rubber;
- Reuses water;
- Uses recyclable components;
- Offers an optimal lifecycle at a reasonable cost, guaranteed by partners and suppliers.