Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
Up to 17 million litres of clean and healthy drinking water per year; easily enough for an average local community in Africa or India. This can be achieved with GreenSource™, a system for ecological water management and an optional part of TenCate Field in a box™.
This system can collect up to 60,000 litres of rain water, waste water and groundwater and store it under the sports field, which acts as a funnel. The filtered water can also be used for hygiene purposes and for land irrigation.
For each TenCate in a box™ field, Dutch company Join the Pipe™ provides a robust water tap. Residents can fill their cans, bottles and jerrycans without losing a drop.
All in all, a fantastic project for healthcare and disease prevention.
In summary, this project:
- Provides water storage and filtration with GreenSource™;
- Provides up to 60,000 litres of water storage;
- Produces up to 17 million litres of filtered water per year;
- Provides clean water for spraying, hygiene and irrigation;
- Provides a clean and reliable source of drinking water;
- Is an ideal combination of sports and water management;
- Includes a Join the pipe™ water tap