7. Providing sustainable energy
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
TenCate Field in a box™ allows the whole community centre to run on solar energy. The solar power is collected and stored in a unit with highly efficient solar panels. The lighting system uses energy-efficient LED lamps, which provide savings of up to 85% compared to halogen lamps.
A complete energy plan is drawn up for each location based on the number of hours of sunshine at that location. The energy is primarily intended to light up the sports field, the community centre and other facilities on site. The excess energy can be used to charge phones and other mobile devices.
In summary, this project:
- Provides local, renewable energy with efficient solar panels;
- Provides an energy plan and energy management for the community as a whole;
- Provides a community centre, sports field and water management (GreenSource™) run on solar energy.
- Allows surplus energy to be used for phones, mobile devices, and so on.