The Solution for Shoreline Protection and Marine Structure Construction
TenCate Geotube® geocontainment technology is used as an integral component in the design and construction of a variety of marine and hydraulic engineering structures such as breakwaters, levies, and marine spoil-containment structures. Once in place, our technology provides years of continued performance.
For more than 40 years, TenCate Geotube® technology has protected shorelines, rebuilt beaches, and reclaimed land from the sea. TenCate Geotube® containment technology is a proven, cost-effective method for a variety of shoreline protection and marine construction projects. TenCate Geotube® technology has been used to produce sand dune cores; wetlands and other habitats; jetties, dikes, and groynes; and underwater structures -- and to even raise brand new islands from under water.
Developed using input from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, TenCate Geotube® technology is cost-effective, durable, easy to install, and highly flexible. It's been proven in applications around the world and is installed in more than 50 countries. Better yet, TenCate Geotube® technology has literally saved millions of dollars in valuable property for companies and individuals.
- First TenCate Geotube® unit was installed in 1962.
- Over 150 miles of shoreline is protected by TenCate Geotube® geocontainment technology .
- Our technology is almost invisible once installation is complete.
- It works well for both short-term and long-term solutions.
- Technology has restored dozens of wetland habitats.
- Minimum impact on the environment while providing a beneficial use for dredged materials.
- TenCate Geotube® structures are a cost-effective alternative when compared to traditional marine constructure materials and methods.
- TenCate Geotube® structures are fabricated from a high-strength, specially engineered, woven textile with special high-strength seaming techniques to resist pressures during pumping operations.
- No special equipment is required.
- Custom site specific fabrication.
- Low maintenance required.