For larger sample testing, TenCate suggests a field test of the waste materials. The TenCate Geotube® Dewatering Test (GDT) is a field test used to determine the retention and flow rate of suspended solids through a textile tube. The GDT is a demonstration of sludge dewatering using a TenCate Geotube® container. The purpose of the test is to:
- Visualize the dewatering process.
- Evaluate the efficiency of the selected polymer.
- Analyze the clarity of the effluent.
- Predict achievable percent solids after dewatering in TenCate Geotube® units
- Estimate the time of the dewatering cycle
After the GDT test bag dewaters, a sample of sludge can be collected to determine moisture content and percent dewatered solids. This can predict results in a full scale project.