Pulp & Paper Applications
Specific Applications within the Pulp & Paper Industry
TenCate Geotube® dewatering technology can be used for the following applications within the Pulp & Paper Industry:
- Lagoon Cleanout: Improves environmental operation, eliminates the need for high capital expenditure of a new lagoon, and ensures EPA / DNR compliance.
- Fly Ash: A fast containment dewatering storage system with high solids concentration.
- Alum Sludge: Dewatered and stored for potential use or disposal.
- Back-Up: Serves as a back-up to existing mechanical dewatering system.
- Routine Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance on mechanical waste dewatering system during normal operations -- instead of during mill outages -- saving key personnel and high cost.
- Increased Capacity: Ability to increase mill capacity without capital expenditure of waste handling or treatment system.
- Contaminated Sediments: Contained and dewatered without concern about air transmission, filtrate, or increased contamination of surrounding area.
- Continuous Systems: This includes clarifier, sentrate, and process waste stream.
- Process Rejects: These rejects are dewatered and stored for future use or disposal.
- Dikes: Used with dikes that need building, reinforcement, or increasing heights.
- Lagoon Structures: Used to ensure circulation, to change size, shape, or flows.
- Emergency Process Uses: Perfect for cleanout of systems (without overloading treatment system), spill cleanups, and dumps, or to ensure staying within discharge limits.
- Fuel Source of Waste: Effective and efficient method allows dried residue to be burned or mixed with other material and burned as fuel.
- Disposed of Waste in Landfill: High solids with scheduled timing to optimize operations cost and cash flow.