Electrical Engineer, Personal Protection
Job Title: Electrical Engineer, Personal Protection
Reports To: Principal Technology Manager, Personal Protection
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Summary: Responsible for supporting new product development and product integration as a member of the research and development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the development of personal protection armor systems and electrical components therein, ensuring feasibility and manufacturability.
2. Utilize engineering resources to establish manufacturing processing methods for personal protection electrical systems, support transition from development to production and continue to optimize manufacturing processes throughout product lifecycles.
3. Provide technical support to the sales and marketing team as needed.
4. Provide technical input to quality control for lot testing processes and procedures.
5. Review production and quality control data to understand deficiencies and establish corrective action plans.
6. Supports the production of technical documents related to personal protection electrical products and support the configuration management of technical data packages.
7. Document development work and test data for various projects.
8. Support ballistic development team members when necessary (see Design Engineer Job Description).
9. Maintain relationships with various material suppliers and stay abreast of new materials and technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or a related field with some knowledge of mechanical engineering and/or materials science (minor in ME or MS a plus).
A minimum of one year of experience in an industry environment (internship acceptable).
The ability to obtain a DSS Secret level clearance (federal background check required).
Domestic travel up to 25%.
The applicant must be a self-motivated individual capable of receiving guidance and pursuing a project with minimal oversight.