TenCate’s EX-1515 cyanate ester resin system is unique in the industry in that it is able to achieve an extremely high level of cure conversion after a 250°F (121°C) cure. This level of conversion provides optimal mechanical properties, high radiation resistance, low moisture absorption/low outgassing while retaining unparalleled toughness, a low 244°F (118°C), stress-free temperature and long out time. The resin system excels in its ability to resist microcracking, even when subjected to thermal cycling and high levels of radiation exposure. EX-1515 also displays low dielectric/low loss values similar to other cyanate esters which allow its use in radome and antenna applications. TenCate’s EX-1515 can be post cured, free-standing, to increase its thermal performance for temperature critical structures.
- 121°C/250°F curing with optional higher Tg post cure
- Low moisture absorption, low microcracking
- Low dielectric constant and dissipation factors
- Low stress cure temperature with high level of cure
- New users should also evaluate TC410.
- EX-1515 also has a compatible resin film adhesive, EX-1516
|Initial cure temp
||3 hours at 121°C/250°F, optional post cure of 2 hours at 177°C/350°F