TenCate Advanced Composites will be highlighting their latest innovations and material developments for leading automotive and aerospace applications at Composites Europe (Stuttgart, 22-24 September), Hall 5 stand F28.
Items on display include the Alfa Romeo 4C chassis, manufactured exclusively using TenCate thermoset prepregs, and an Airbus A380 engine pylon cover manufactured using TenCate Cetex® thermoplastic composites, selected due to their impact resistance, fluid resistance, temperature behavior and FST properties. Also on display are tailored thermoplastic laminates made using TenCate Cetex® TC912, a PA6/glass composite specifically developed for high volume automotive applications.
Recent product developments across both thermoset and thermoplastic portfolios include:
- TenCate Cetex® TC1320 PEKK – this new thermoplastic composite is aimed at commercial aircraft applications ranging from structural components to interiors. TenCate’s Cetex TC1320 features flame retardancy, low moisture uptake, excellent resistance to solvents and outstanding toughness for impact resistance.
- TenCate Cetex® TC912 - a PA6 thermoplastic for a range of structural and semi structural high volume automotive applications, offering improved mechanical properties and tailored fabric architecture available in both woven and UD reinforcements
- TenCate TC275-1 – this epoxy prepreg represents TenCate’s latest generation of out of autoclave/vacuum processible structural prepregs. It is currently being used in general aviation and launch structure as a result of its ideal set of mechanical and handling properties.
- TenCate E731 - a toughened epoxy resin system designed to deliver enhanced resin clarity for cosmetic components within high performance automotive. The resin formulation ensures that components are free from white-spots and exhibit high clarity.
- TenCate E760 - a highly toughened epoxy resin system with exceptional high temperature performance designed for use in mechanically demanding structural applications exposed to elevated temperatures, such as Formula 1 and high performance automotive.
TenCate will also be discussing the expansion in both capability and capacity at their Langley Mill (Nottingham) plant, which is set to become the UK centre of excellence for thermoset systems, and will bring true carbon free manufacturing of thermoset prepregs to the EMEA region. This will serve existing high performance markets such as motorsport and Formula 1, in addition to space, satellite, radome and aerostructure applications.